[GE users] wallclock time limit in qmon

Alexandre Barras Alexandre.Barras at cerfacs.fr
Mon Jul 19 09:52:43 BST 2004

hello,

when I set a wallclock time limit using qmon, SGE 6.0 adds the option
"-hard -l h_rt=00:02:00" to my script: (I see that in using the option
"save settings")
then, the job starts and ends after 10 seconds although my test script
should run quite a long time

when I try to launch "qsub -hard -l h_rt=00:02:00 myscript" from the
command line, it ends after 10 seconds too: same issue

but when I try "qsub -l h_rt=00:02:00 myscript", it stops after 2
minutes as expected!

I think the right command is "-l h_rt" and not "-hard -l h_rt" so it
appears there is a bug with the wallclock time limit when using qmon.
Does anyone encounter the same issue, or I do something wrong ?

Alexandre