[GE users] sge_qmaster - Error selecting configuration

Jmail jmail at valleyserve.com
Mon Jul 19 15:48:54 BST 2004

Hi guys:

I restarted my master host for the first time since installing SGE6.0. When the
box came back up, sge_qmaster was unable to start. I tried starting it by
executing the './sgemaster start' command in the $SGE_ROOT/default/common/
directory. sgemaster again failed to start and then sge_schedd started with an
error about not being able to contact sge_qmaster. sge_qmaster produced the
following messages in the $SGE_ROOT/default/spool/qmaster/messages file:

07/19/2004 09:30:37|qmaster|{the master's hostname}|E|Error selecting
configuration "{the master's full domain name}"
07/19/2004 09:30:37|qmaster|{the master's hostname}|C|setup failed

I'm using Berkeley spooling, and NIS+.

Any idea what might be the cause of this error?

As always, thanks for your help.

-Sam