[GE users] SGE 6.0 and shadow master troubles

Bogdan Lobodzinski bogdan at ifh.de
Mon Jul 19 17:19:22 BST 2004

Hello,

     I have some questions about shadow master installaton:
1.
When I try to install shadow master I am always failed because at
some point the command "install_qmaster -afs -sm" tries to use ssh to
contact with second master.
Is it necessary to use ssh ?
How to avoid it and make the installation fully succesfull ?.

I am starting all daemons as root. All
ssh connections via root to another hosts are disabled.
All necessary directories: ../common, .../spool/qmaster  are shared (rw)
via AFS on both servers: master and shadow master and are available by
root.

2.
according to the manual qmaster must be installed before shadow master.
But installing shadow master I have to repeat exactly thge same procedure
like during qmaster installation.
again: Is it really necessary ?
I guess something is wrong with this.

3.
Is it possible to modify the time after which sgeqmaster is started on
shadow master host ?

               Thanks in advance for any help,

                      Bogdan