[GE users] those little locks and changing values

Don Shesnicky dshesnicky at enqsemi.com
Mon Jul 19 20:58:08 BST 2004

Stephan,
That was pretty much how I figured that they worked but they seem to
have a mind of
their own - values are resetting themselves to the parent's value even
though the parent
is unlocked as well.

For instance, in my d.reg queue (digital regression test queue) I have
two sets of hosts,
@digital for the main digital host group, there is also a @analog host
group that are the
analog designers hosts that the digital group can run on if they are not
loaded. In qmon
I click on d.reg > modify. In the pop there is the lower left section
which is labelled "Attributes
for Host/HostGroup". The @/ is unlocked and the np_load_avg is set to
1.75. I click on
@analog and it is unlocked and np_load_avg is set to 1.75 same as the
parent. I double
click on the setting and change it to 1.2 but it isn't saved if I leave
it unlocked or lock it.
When I come back to it it is always changed back to the parent value of
1.75.

I'm going to play with it some more and see if I can do what I expect it
to do - stay at 1.2.

What's the command line version to dump these settings for that queue?

Don