[GE users] nice values and sge 6.0

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Mon Jul 19 22:10:09 BST 2004

I could be totally wrong, but I think this is what is going on:

If you really want nice values you need to turn off "dynamic
reprioritization" within N1GE/SGE 6.

 From what I recall there are 2 things you need to change

(1) execd_param NO_REPRIORITIZATION=true (sge_conf manpage) at queue level

(2) set REPRIORITIZE_INTERVAL to 00:00:00 (sched_conf manpage) within
the scheduler configuration

After doing that you should see your queue level nice values start to be
expressed I belive.

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Dagdigian, <dag at sonsorol.org>
BioTeam  - Independent life science IT & informatics consulting