[GE users] Running VMWare in Sun Grid Engine

Rory_Savage.consultant at peoplesoft.com Rory_Savage.consultant at peoplesoft.com
Tue Jul 20 13:41:45 BST 2004

Ron,

Ok.  Let's say I have one master node, and four slave nodes.  Will sge
distribute each instance of VMWare on all four (if all of the machine are
technically idle)?  And another question is, will the master node look like
a large machine running all of these processes?

thanks!

--
Rory Savage, Charlotte DSI Group
Product & Technology
Email: rory_savage at peoplesoft.com
Phone: 704.401.1104
Fax: 704.401.1240

                      "Ron Chen"
                      <ron_chen_123 at yah        To:       users at gridengine.sunsource.net,
                      oo.com>                   laurence at scalablesystems.com
                                               cc:       (bcc: Rory Savage/Consultant/PeopleSoft)
                      07/20/2004 08:20         Subject:  Re: [GE users] Running VMWare in Sun Grid Engine
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      users

SGE doesn't do process migration.

You can view SGE as an idle machine finder. After your
first VMWare job is done, it will schedule another one
to the free node.

 -Ron

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net