[GE users] 6.0 utilbin 'spooledit' prgram

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Tue Jul 20 18:38:18 BST 2004

In the previous thread on 'sge_qmaster - Error selecting configuration'
I saw Andy refer to a utilbin program called 'spooledit' that can dump
and restore the state of the config when berkeley db spooling is used.

This is the first time I've seen mention of 'spooledit' -- is this the
intended replacement for people who previously used to look at ascii
text files to see config settings in v5.3?

Is the full usage for spooledit documented anywhere? Any real world
examples of usage to complement what was listed in the thread (dump and
restore per-host config)?

This looks like a handy thing to document in a 'Troubleshooting' section
  -- is 'spooledit' intended for general use by users who need to debug
or check the state of the berkeleydb files or is this more of a
developer tool?

-Chris