[GE users] SGE 6.0 and shadow master troubles

Marco Donauer marco.donauer at sun.com
Tue Jul 20 20:42:45 BST 2004

Bogdan,

normally, the installation script installs the shadowd on local maschine.
Using the -host option forces the script to install on a remote
maschine. In this case
any shell is used to login into the remote host. The default shell is ssh.
Did you start the inst_sge with -host option?
I had a look onto the ths script and found out, that the shadowhostname
is compared to the return value of hostname command.
If this is not equal, the script uses also the ssh to rlogin. Is it
possible that your hostname command returns any different name like the
fully qualified name?
I think the problem is the hostname comaprison.

Would it be possible for you to file a bug? I guess this is a bug!

Best regards and thanks for your help,

Marco