[GE users] SGE 6.0 and shadow master troubles

Bogdan Lobodzinski bogdan at ifh.de
Thu Jul 22 10:37:52 BST 2004

Hello Marco,

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Marco Donauer wrote:

> Bogdan,
>
> normally, the installation script installs the shadowd on local maschine.
> Using the -host option forces the script to install on a remote
> maschine. In this case
> any shell is used to login into the remote host. The default shell is ssh.
> Did you start the inst_sge with -host option?
No, I did not start "-host" option. I tried to install it locally after
login as root on the machine.

> I had a look onto the ths script and found out, that the shadowhostname
> is compared to the return value of hostname command.
> If this is not equal, the script uses also the ssh to rlogin. Is it
> possible that your hostname command returns any different name like the
> fully qualified name?
The response of hostname command is (as should be):
[balin] ~SGE_ROOT # hostname
balin

> I think the problem is the hostname comaprison.
>
> Would it be possible for you to file a bug? I guess this is a bug!
you mean to send a new issue into "Project Issue Tracking: gridengine" ?

And I just realize possible another problem connected with sgeshadowd.
Let we suppose such a configuration (this is exactly what I would like to
start):
Host A: primary sge master (NOT exec host);
Host B: shadow master      (NOT exec host);

Installing sgeshadowd separatelly on Host B the startup script is not
created. I understand it must be sgemaster. Just now I have to create this
separatelly.
I guess it will be nice to add creation of startup scripts (like in case
of sgemaster installation) into pure shadow master installation procedure.

                    Thanks a lot for your help,

                           Bogdan