[GE users] memory / cpu load threshold

Rajeev Mishra rajeevrmishra at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 23:26:30 BST 2004

Thanks for the quick reply. If I use $round_robin in PE then for a 4cpu jobs SGE distributes the job in 4 different machines instead using 2 machines. This can effect the performance in running certain types of job. At present I have defined Int (2) for allocation. Thanks again for prompt reply.

"np_load_avg" to value 0.7 means in total 1.4 on dual machines. You could use
an absolute value "load_avg" instead of the average in respect to the number of
CPUs installed. On the other hand: what is specified in your parallel
environment? There you can select $round_robin instead of $fill_up, to
distribute the parallel jobs in an other way.

Szia - Reuti

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net