Re(4): [GE users] qping error with sge6.0: sgemaster won't start

Rajeev Mishra rajeevrmishra at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 23:33:17 BST 2004

You may want to check issue 1098.

Here it is ....

qmaster cannot bind a reserved port below 1024 ifan admin user (which is an unprivileged user) isselected.This affects Linux x86 and Linux AMD64.Startup of execd is not affected.

------- Additional Comments From Christian Reissmann 2004-06-17 02:56 PDT -------

starting ...

"Korambath, Prakashan" <ppk at ats.ucla.edu> wrote:
My system is RH 8.0.  I tried it on  RH 7.2 also.  The results were same.

Prakashan