[GE users] Preferred sytanx for qconf -[adm]attr / -dattr bug

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jul 23 13:59:49 BST 2004

what is the preferred syntax:

qconf -mattr queue slots 4 vast at ic001

or

qconf -mattr queue slots [ic001=4] vast

both seem to work in the same way.

I'm still looking in the strange behavior of the -dattr for queue instances.
-dattr is getting the same result as -mattr, so you can't delete a instance
configuration this way. Can anyone confirm this, before I file a bug?

Furthermore, if you are using a host_aliases files, and specify the original
hostname to qconf -mattr... the aliased hostname will be added to the queue
configuration. But the original command parameter will be used to check against
the already defined queue instances. Will mean: you can use twice -mattr, until
you get an error:

$ qconf -mattr queue slots [node005=7] vast
reuti at icompile modified "vast" in cluster queue list
$ qconf -mattr queue slots [node005=7] vast
reuti at icompile modified "vast" in cluster queue list
$ qconf -mattr queue slots [node005=7] vast
Multiple values for one queue domain/host (ic005) are not allowed

results in:

slots                 1,[ic005=7],[ic005=7]

Cheers - Reuti