[GE users] Documentation about SGE

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jul 23 16:43:39 BST 2004

Hi Carolina,

>Does anybody knows the answer for those question or can indicate me a few
>documents that might help me????

did you checked the Whitepapers at SUN:

http://wwws.sun.com/software/gridware/whitepapers.html

Or all the documents of the workshops '02/'03 on the sunsource.net site.

It's also no problem, to disable some nodes in OpenPBS and install on the same
master SGE parallel to OpenPBS for testing purpose. Just install it as a user
with a custom port >1024 and without installing anything on a node you can
start the necessary daemon there with a rsh/ssh command. What queuing system
you will use will depend on whatever file you source during login. Just let me
know, if you need further assistance.

Some of our users are also using SGE on standalone machines (besides our
clusters) just to serialize their workflow in their absence. If you know the
idea behind SGE, it's just a matter of minutes to install and setup.

Cheers - Reuti