[GE users] Documentation about SGE

Vladimir vlists at veus.hr
Fri Jul 23 17:21:32 BST 2004

Chris Dagdigian wrote:

> o LSF *by far* has fault tolerance and resiliancy features that blow
> away all the competition. The SGE shadow master does not come close to
> LSF's ability to keep "electing" a new master node as systems fail or
> drop offline one by one.

Well that was not our experience. We found LSF's failover to be
non-existant even though the cluster was configured properly (I did go
through LSF Admin I certification). We had to manually move master to a
different machine which was a difficult process in itself. I have
personally found SGE master migration a lot easier. Even if LSF was free
today I would pick SGE :-).