[GE users] [sge6] Jobs submitted succesfully won't run.

Wee Yeh Tan weeyeh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 06:41:13 BST 2004

Dear all,

We have a fresh experimental install of SGE6.0 on 8 opteron boxes
running Redhat FC2 (kernel 2.6.6).

The problem we are facing is that jobs submitted successfully always
end up in the pending queue with state "qw".  The output from "qstat
-j <jobid>" says:
   scheduling info:            All queues dropped because of overload or full

There is nothing running on any of the machines in the said queue and
each machine has 2 slots and 0 used.

I've checked the messages in all the machines (local spool) to no avail.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Just me,
Wire ...