[GE users] Preferred sytanx for qconf -[adm]attr / -dattr bug

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Mon Jul 26 13:23:34 BST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Reuti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what is the preferred syntax:
>
> qconf -mattr queue slots 4 vast at ic001
>
> or
>
> qconf -mattr queue slots [ic001=4] vast
>
> both seem to work in the same way.
>

> I'm still looking in the strange behavior of the -dattr for queue instances.
> -dattr is getting the same result as -mattr, so you can't delete a instance
> configuration this way. Can anyone confirm this, before I file a bug?

Support for [] bracket syntax was not planned with qconf -[amd]attr.
Hoping this is your point. I filed issue #1173 for all qconf -[amd]attr.

> Furthermore, if you are using a host_aliases files, and specify the original
> hostname to qconf -mattr... the aliased hostname will be added to the queue
> configuration. But the original command parameter will be used to check against
> the already defined queue instances. Will mean: you can use twice -mattr, until
> you get an error:
>
> $ qconf -mattr queue slots [node005=7] vast
> reuti at icompile modified "vast" in cluster queue list
> $ qconf -mattr queue slots [node005=7] vast
> reuti at icompile modified "vast" in cluster queue list
> $ qconf -mattr queue slots [node005=7] vast
> Multiple values for one queue domain/host (ic005) are not allowed
>
> results in:
>
> slots                 1,[ic005=7],[ic005=7]

I filed it as #1172.

Thanks,
Andreas