[GE users] SGE 6.0 RPMs

Bernard Li bli at bcgsc.ca
Mon Jul 26 18:06:17 BST 2004

Hi John:

SuSE seems to be the only RPM-based distro to carry the SGE RPM - they
have RPM for 5.3 but I don't think 6.0 is released yet.

There are various other efforts to create SGE RPMs (eg. Scalable
Systems) and some are well maintained than others.

I think it might be a good idea for the SGE developers to have an option
to build RPM and if other distros want to include it, then they can
simply tweak the spec file to their heart's content.

Installing SGE via the courtesy binaries aren't hard at all, but some
times it is handy to have SGE RPM packages for installation.

I would like to help if someone is interested in starting this.

Cheers,

Bernard