[GE users] Folding in v6

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Jul 26 18:20:06 BST 2004

	I'll probably get yanked away from doing this :/ , but I'm wondering how best
to implement v6.  I thought I caught a message a while back that the
recommended approach was to run v6 simultaneously with v5.3, that way you can
debug things but still have a production system running.  Sounds good to me,
but I've noticed in the setup that the same port is being used for v6
(correct?), so wouldn't that cause problems?

	Any recommends?  I can certainly just "make the change" - but I'd need to
find a window.

	Also - are we a short time away from a milestone release - should I hold off?

	Cheers,

	J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
Coincidences are spiritual puns.
		-- G. K. Chesterton