[GE users] Reservation and Backfilling with SGE 6.0 on a Linux cluster

Tue Jul 27 09:12:00 BST 2004

you also have to enable resource reservation with qconf -msconf. It is
disabled per default.

max_reservation                 0            <- max number of jobs with
reservations
default_duration                  0:10:0     <- if no job runtime is
specified, this one will be used.

It is better to have it larger than too small. The reservations will be
reevaluated every scheduling
run.

Stephan