[GE users] Tight Integration of MPICH with SGE

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Jul 27 16:54:47 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 16:46, Waseem Ahmad wrote:
> Reuti!
>
> All of the required environment variables are set on slave nodes
> too.Yes, i am using ch_p4 device. The broken pipe error is corrected
> now. It was reported by SGE .e* files. Instead i get the following error.
> Cannot read /tmp/machines.
> Looked for files with extension solaris in
> directory /gridware/sge/mpich-1.2.5.2/util/machines
> This is reported in the Programme output.
> Note that i am able to run the sample script for testing tight
> integration provided in the mpi directory. But when i try to run my perl
> script which spawns mpi jobs through mpirun, i get above mentioned problem.

In your script, try using:
mpirun -np $NSLOTS -machinefile $TMPDIR/machines

$NSLOTS is the number of slots Gridengine has allocated to the job
$TMPDIR is the temporary directory where the machines file is located.
As a quick debug, try to cat $TMPDIR/machines also so you can see which
nodes have been allocated.