[GE users] Installing SGE 6.0 sge_qmaster start-up phase

Rory_Savage.consultant at peoplesoft.com Rory_Savage.consultant at peoplesoft.com
Wed Jul 28 19:50:48 BST 2004

Alright, I am following the SGE Install Guide, and running into a problem
on page 39 (during the sge_qmaster) start-up phase.  Please Help!!!

[root at hal-n1 lx26-x86]# /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S95sgemaster start
   starting sge_qmaster

sge_qmaster didn't start!
Please check the messages file

   starting sge_schedd
error: getting configuration: unable to contact qmaster using port 536 on
host "hal-n1"
error: can't get configuration from qmaster -- backgrounding

--

What am I missing here?  I added the entries into /etc/services

[root at hal-n1 lx26-x86]# cat /etc/services |grep sge
sge_qmaster     536/tcp
sge_execd       537/tcp

--
Rory Savage, Charlotte DSI Group