[GE users] SGE 5.3 end of life

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Jun 2 18:13:21 BST 2004

Nope not true.

Sun marketing may be confused intentionally or otherwise -- I've seen
this happen before. This may be coming from the fact that all the Sun
product literature mentions that 5.3 is going EOL -- again this is more
due to the reason that they have a newer product being released.

Sun's branded 5.3 product is going away because they announced "N1 Grid
Engine 6.0" on June 1st for general availibility on June 4 or a bit later.

This does not affect the open source project in any way, shape or form
-- 5.3 still exists and 6.0 will be coming out of beta shortly.

FYI I've written as much as I have been able to learn about
Grid Engine 5.3, 6.0 and N1GE 6.0 at this URL, hope it helps!

http://bioteam.net/dag/gridengine-6-features.html

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Dagdigian, <dag at sonsorol.org>
BioTeam  - Independent life science IT & informatics consulting