[GE users] Defining and using 'requestable' attributes

Damir Danijel Zagar dzagar at srce.hr
Thu Jun 3 16:58:11 BST 2004

I would like to define attribute (for example 'vendor') which may be
requested when jobs are submitted.

As I have heterogeneous cluster with several old Acer machines, I would
like to tag them with 'vendor=ACER' attribute, and later - when I submit
jobs, I would like to have control over type of execution host used for
a job.

I've tried to define 'vendor' attribute in 'host' complex, but I cannot
find the place where I may assign this attribute to the host/queue.

What would be the proper way?

Thanks,

Damir Zagar
Cluster & Grid Dept.