[GE users] one node, one user, one job

Dale Harris rodmur at maybe.org
Tue Jun 8 16:58:23 BST 2004

Hi,

I have a problem where I'm using PVM on bproc, and I'm going to use SGE
to schedule the PVM jobs.  The problem I have is that I cannot
apparently make the PVM virtual machine (PVM_VMID) stuff to work on
bproc.  So I cannot have a user running two pvm jobs on one node, also I
cannot have SGE filling more than one slot with a pvm job from a single
user (like it will do, normally).  Is there some way I can do this with
SGE?  Restrict one user with one job, to one node?  Without limiting the
node/queue to one slot?

Dale