[GE users] Running SGE on Suse 9.1 x86 or Linux 2.6 kernel?

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Tue Jun 8 20:17:24 BST 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 14:52, Chris Dagdigian wrote:
> Does SGE 5.3p6 or the sourcecode in CVS now support 2.6 kernels on x86
> and x86_64 systems?
>
> I've got a pair of Sun v60 Xeon boxes and a pair of IBM Opteron e325
> that I'd like to deploy Suse 9.1 + SGE on.

	I'm currently running 5.3p something-or-other(older than p6) on dual Xeon HP
systems running SUSE 9.1.  There's a couple of minor hacks you may need to do
to trick the install script to work, but other than that it works fine.
Search the mailing list archives for last month(I believe) and SUSE 9.1 and
you'll find the thread...

	Cheers,

	J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
Ten years of rejection slips is nature's way of telling you to stop
writing.
		-- R. Geis