[GE users] alternative pe_hostfile

Dale Harris rodmur at maybe.org
Tue Jun 8 20:58:21 BST 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 11:58:30AM -0700, Dale Harris elucidated:

> I need a way to determine from inside SGE what queues have been assigned
> to run a parallel job.  I need to make an alternative $pe_hostfile based
> apon that information.  I'm using Vaclav Hanzl's hack for SGE on bproc,
> but I'm taking a step further and trying to run PVM and MPI jobs.
> However with Vaclav's hack, only the master host is entered in the
> $pe_hostfile... so that obviously isn't going to work for me.  Any
> suggestions?

So it appears that the information I want may be in
/usr/local/sge/default/spool/qmaster/jobs/

I'm kind of wondering when does that file get created, could I
potentially extract the queue information from that file in the PE
startup scripts?

--
Dale Harris
rodmur at maybe.org