[GE users] alternative pe_hostfile

Chris Duncan Christopher.Duncan at Sun.COM
Tue Jun 8 21:12:11 BST 2004

Dale Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 11:58:30AM -0700, Dale Harris elucidated:
>
>>I need a way to determine from inside SGE what queues have been assigned
>>to run a parallel job.  I need to make an alternative $pe_hostfile based
>>apon that information.  I'm using Vaclav Hanzl's hack for SGE on bproc,
>>but I'm taking a step further and trying to run PVM and MPI jobs.
>>However with Vaclav's hack, only the master host is entered in the
>>$pe_hostfile... so that obviously isn't going to work for me.  Any
>>suggestions?
>>

> So it appears that the information I want may be in
> /usr/local/sge/default/spool/qmaster/jobs/
>
> I'm kind of wondering when does that file get created, could I
> potentially extract the queue information from that file in the PE
> startup scripts?

I think if you setup SGE in non-NFs mode you'll be missing that dir.

I think you may want to look at the env values for: SGE_JOB_SPOOL_DIR
and use that to find what you want. That should always be visiable
unless I'm forgeting something.

--chris
| Christopher Duncan    Sun HPC Support Engineer [PTS-AMER] |
| Email: christopher.duncan at sun.com    Tel: +1 781-442-2309 |
|                   -=Carpe Noctem=-                        |