[GE users] qdel not deleting all mpi slave tasks

Lengyel, Florian FLengyel at gc.cuny.edu
Thu Jun 10 06:06:20 BST 2004

Yes, I am using the tight integration template: this is how it's modified
for my setup:

pe_name          mpich
queue_list       all
slots            999
user_lists       NONE
xuser_lists      NONE
start_proc_args  /usr/local/sge/mpi/startmpi.sh -catch_rsh $pe_hostfile
stop_proc_args   /usr/local/sge/mpi/stopmpi.sh
allocation_rule  $round_robin
control_slaves   TRUE
job_is_first_task FALSE

As far as I can tell, the mpich.template, which the README refers to as the
template to use for tight integration, and from which this
derives, has

control_slaves   TRUE
job_is_first_task FALSE

whereas the mpi.template reverses these:

control_slaves   FALSE
job_is_first_task TRUE