[GE users] Conceptual Campus Grid Question

Benjamin Simmons bdsimmns at memphis.edu
Thu Jun 10 23:08:23 BST 2004

I have a question of understanding the language in the user manuals.  If
I am setting up a campus grid, how do I do the following.

I want to have two or more clusters of computers (ie a server machine
available to the public network and a private network connecting
together many hosts) and several machines on the public network that
will also have the ability to run sge_execd as well.

Do I need to have each cluster setup as a qmaster and then have a larger
qmaster to manage the load between the public machines and each cluster?
 or is there only one qmaster for the whole system?

Any light anyone can shed on this is welcome to me,

Thanks to everyone in advance,
Ben