[GE users] Problem with commd communications

Craig Tierney ctierney at hpti.com
Mon Jun 14 22:44:10 BST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 16:10, Rayson Ho wrote:
> >> Can you attach a debugger and find out where it is looping??
> >
> >I will try and do this the next time.  I need to rebuild
> >SGE so that the daemons have debugging information.
>
> As long as you don't strip the binaries, attaching a debugger and execute
> the "where" command will give you a stack trace of the process.

I don't strip them.  I rebuilt with "./aimk -debug" to make
sure symbols were added to the executable, but even when
I run with the new binaries I don't get symbols.

[root at g0511 source]# gdb
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.1-0.71)
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux".
(gdb) attach 15512
Attaching to process 15512
0x4011641e in ?? ()
(gdb) where