[GE users] execution host in a different domain to the qmaster

Leanne Shih LShih at hifn.com
Tue Jun 15 23:11:30 BST 2004

I have a working SGE environment with one qmaster and need to setup
a set of execution hosts in a remote site (which are on a separate unix
domain)

I've added the sge_admin and the port number into the remote unix domain.

Each domain has a separate SGE_ROOT however they share the same "default"
directory.

When I try to type qconf -sh in the other domain, it complains
about not being able to talk to the qmaster.

unable to contact qmaster via "crackle" commd using port 535 (service
"sge_commd")

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks,
Leanne