[GE users] User defined prolog/epilog

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Thu Jun 17 09:10:36 BST 2004

Hi,

> > Hmm, I just wrote thrat wrapper --  however it's only run at the master
> > queue, not on the slaves.

SGE does not start prolog/epilog scripts on the slaves nodes of a parallel
job. In case of a non tightly integrated parallel job this never could be
accomplished, for the case of a tightly integrated parallel job (where a
"qrsh -inherit" connects to the remote execd) this would require to change
the shepherd code (I assume this could be done easily).

You may file in RFE that we can consider to make this a standard feature in
a future release (I suggest to file the idea about a user defined
prolog/epilog as well if it wasn't done yet).

Andy