[GE users] handling multiple sites

Lengyel, Florian FLengyel at gc.cuny.edu
Fri Jun 18 20:31:24 BST 2004

I'm interested in this general question of implementing a multi-cluster grid
with SGE 6 -- does SGE 6 make this feasible, or will I still need an
additional multi-cluster wide area scheduler. My experience with Globus
suggests that alternatives must be pursued for production use. I have three
clusters on three campuses interconnected via VPN connections; I would like
to know if SGE 6 will support the implementation of multi-cluster
scheduling.

Thanks

Florian Lengyel, Ph.D.
Assistant Director for Research Computing
Department of Information Resources
Graduate School and University Center, CUNY
365 Fifth Avenue, Room 8311.04
New York, NY 10016-4309
Phone: (212) 817-7374
FAX: (212) 817-1615