[GE users] SGE 5.3p6 on Sun Opteron running SuSE 8

Mandeep Chadha deep at vitesse.com
Mon Jun 21 17:02:04 BST 2004

I installed SGE 5.3p6 on a Sun Opteron box running SuSE 8. Since the precompiled binaries were for SuSE 9, I downloaded and compiled the source code on our box and created the binaries.

The problem I am faced with is related to running jobs on that box. All jobs that I submit to that machine execute in the user's home directory. The "-cwd" option directs the stdout and stderr files to the right location but the job execution is still taking place in the user's home directory.

Any suggestions on things to look at to resolve this problem ?

Thanks,
-Mandeep