[GE users] SGE6 qmaster and local host config

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Mon Jun 21 18:57:16 BST 2004

While playing around with shadow master and SGE6 I ran across a
problem.  This problem ended up being that sge_qmaster will only start
if there's a local configuration defined for that host.  I was wondering
if anyone could enlighten me as to why this is the case.

In my cluster, all my boxes have the exact same OS config.  That means
that everything is the same.  Because of this, I find local conf stuff
to be a pain.  So instead of using it, I like to remove all the local
confs and use the global config file for everything, as its easier to
change settings that way.  As such, having to have local confs defined
for shadow masters to work seems like an unnecessary annoyance.   Does
anyone know of anything bad that'd happen if I hacked sge_qmaster to not
check for a local conf for the node its on?

Thanks,

Sean