[GE users] global consumables problem

Robert Konecny rok at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 22 04:08:05 BST 2004

Thanks Shannon! That did the trick - although I'm not sure I understand
why changing the default value changes the consumable behavior so
dramatically.

However, now I have a different issue now: I have set ncpu_user1=48 but
any time I submit a job which sets ncpu_user1 to 8 or more I get this from
'qstat -j':

(-l h_rt=24:00:00,ncpu_user1=8) cannot run globally because it offers only
gc:ncpu_user1=48.000000

It doesn't make sense to me. When ncpu_user1 is between 1-7 job runs just
fine.

Again, I would appreciate any help since I'm obviously SGE challenged ...

Thanks!

robert