[GE users] Question about sumbitting to multiple parallel environments

Craig Tierney ctierney at hpti.com
Tue Jun 22 21:09:56 BST 2004

I looked through the docs and didn't find a way to do this,
but I though would ask.  SGE (both v5.3 and v6.0) support
the use of wildcards when submitting jobs.  You can do:

fe> qsub -pe qcomp\* 36 myscript.csh

And GE will pick the right parallel environment that matches.
What I would like to know is if there is a way to specify the
different parallel environments specifically.  I would like
to do something like:

fs> qsub -pe qcomp1,qcomp2 36 myscript.csh

So that my job can run on qcomp1 or qcomp2.

Thanks,
Craig