Re(2): [GE users] Two networks cards in qmaster with SGE 6.0 problem

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jun 25 13:26:28 BST 2004

Hi Andy,

>Could you please file a bug in Issuezilla

done.

>looks like this is a bug. The aliased hostname (the most left name in the
>file) should be written to the "act_qmaster" name file.

Why is anything written at all to act_qmaster while starting up?

>I think there's suitable workaround (A bad woraround might be that after
>starting qmaster the startup script changes the act_qmaster file content -
>befroe the scheduler start. This might work.

This seems not working. I put a sleep in the script sgemaster to wait until the
last thread changed act_qmaster (it was not written immediately after calling
the binary) and changed it back before starting the scheduler. But then you
can't contact the qmaster at all with qping.

Reuti