Re(2): [GE users] user_sort in SGE6

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Jun 26 15:06:13 BST 2004

Charu,

>CORRECTION:
>
>> Allowing the specification of
>> non-project default nodes allows a simple share tree to be created
>> with a single default node to allow user-based fair sharing. This
>> provides a capability which is similar to the user_sort capability
>> in Grid Engine versions prior to 6.0.
>
>Please see:
>http://gridengine.sunsource.net/source/browse/gridengine/doc/devel/rfe/
>auto_user.txt?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

I apologize, I missed it. It's in fact in the new Administration Guide on page
138.

But is there somewhere a Delta Guide or "How to get 5.3 features in 6.0"? I
found one on the SUN site from the bioteam, but auto_user isn't mentioned
there. And the feature of still having a parallel-only queue is also only
explained on the queue_conf man page (page 46 in the Administration Guide
missed the setting "NONE" for the type of a queue).

Reuti