[GE users] qstat -g c not normalized load average

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Jun 27 18:28:36 BST 2004

Hi Users,

while playing around with SGE 6.0, the `qstat -g c` gave me the output:

CLUSTER QUEUE                     LOAD   USED  AVAIL  TOTAL aoACDS  cdsuE
parallel                          1.95      4      0      4      0      0
vast                              1.95      0      2      2      0      0

for just two nodes with each having 2 CPUs. According to the man page of qstat
it should be normalized. So 100% load should only show 1.00 - or miss I
something here? Especially when you have a mix of one or two (or more) CPUs it
would be more useful having this, otherwise a load of e.g. 1.67 may be 100% in
total.

Reuti