[GE users] qconf -Ac error and PARALLEL is not supported in qtype attribute of queue (SGE 6.0)

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jun 28 07:44:50 BST 2004

>1. in qconf, -Ac is not supported, -Ac is used to add complex

in 6.0 there is only one complex, and you can add entries to this one complex.
So you can't create new complexes and the option is obsolete. Set a
complex_values for a host/queue and it is attached to this. Yes, it seems not
to be perfect, because your custom entries are in alphabetical order somewhere
between the default ones.

>2. When create or modify a queue(qconf -aq, or qconf -mq), I cannot add
>PARALLEL in qtype attribute. But when you list the resources using qstat
>-f, the queue is as BIP(BATCH INTERACTIVE PARALLEL) in qtype attribute

A queue is now considered PARALLEL, if you add a parallel environment to this
queue. Because the pe "make" is in the template for a new queue, each new queue
is PARALLEL. Set the pe_list to NONE to get off the PARALLEL attribute. To get
off the BATCH INTERACTIVE, you can set queue_type to NONE.

Reuti