[GE users] Two networks cards in qmaster with SGE 6.0 problem

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jun 29 16:08:29 BST 2004

Christian,

> you can try to use the ip adress of your qmaster:
>
> qping x.x.x.x [qmaster port nr.] qmaster 1

with neither of the TCP/IP addresses it's working on the master itself
(after using the patch of act_qmaster during startup).

Can you use qping only on the primary (in our case: external) side of
the network? And when you patch the act_qmaster file some cached entries
in qmasterd are no longer valid, so it gets confused (at least for
qpings)? Maybe it's best, first to get the issue with the changed
act_qmaster file during startup resolved, and then to have a look again
at qping.

> Does the command:
>
> $SGE_ROOT/utilbin/gethostbyname -all [YOUR QMASTER HOST]
>
> return the same "SGE name" on all of your master/execd/submit hosts?
>
> The output should look like:
>
> >gethostbyname -all [YOUR MASTER HOST NAME]
> Hostname: [LOCAL RESOLVED HOSTNAME]
> SGE name: [USED SGE NAME (from host alias file)]
> Aliases:  [FROM LOCAL HOST RESOLVING]
> Host Address(es): [IP ADDRESS OF HOST]

Yes, this command gives the correct response on the master machine and
the nodes.

 Reuti