[GE users] DB4 version on Redhat?

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Wed Jun 30 12:30:00 BST 2004

I'm compiling V6.0 from source, so I can include the
recent privileged_port patch.

On Redhat, the installed Berkely DB library is 4.1
Has anyone hadd success in compiling using:
BERKELEYDB_SHARED_LIBRARIES="libdb-4.1"
BERKELEYDBBASE=/usr/lib
I'm just trying this now myself. Would v 4.1 be sufficient?

Also are the aimk switches for classic and Berkely spooling mutually
exclusive? I thought you could choose this at install time.

-spool-berkeleydb -> use berkeleydb spooling
-spool-classic    -> use classic flatfile spooling

I guess -spool-berkelydb includes the classic type also?