[GE users] DB4 version on Redhat?

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Wed Jun 30 12:31:32 BST 2004

John,

> I'm compiling V6.0 from source, so I can include the
> recent privileged_port patch.
>
> On Redhat, the installed Berkely DB library is 4.1
> Has anyone hadd success in compiling using:
> BERKELEYDB_SHARED_LIBRARIES="libdb-4.1"
> BERKELEYDBBASE=/usr/lib
> I'm just trying this now myself. Would v 4.1 be sufficient?

I'm not sure about this question.

> Also are the aimk switches for classic and Berkely spooling mutually
> exclusive? I thought you could choose this at install time.
>
> -spool-berkeleydb -> use berkeleydb spooling
> -spool-classic    -> use classic flatfile spooling
>
> I guess -spool-berkelydb includes the classic type also?

by default shared library is loaded at run time (via dlopen()). Due to
compiler bugs this doesn't work on SGI and IBM and due to non-support of the
OS this doesn't work on HP-UX 11 (32-bit). On these operating systems the
spooling method needs to defined at compiled time. Therefore the courtesy
binaries for these OS'es come with two different qmaster binaries.

Andy