[GE users] SGE 6.0 and AFS

Bogdan Lobodzinski bogdan at ifh.de
Wed Jun 30 17:43:56 BST 2004

Hello,

I am trying to make some tests with sge6.0 on SuSE 8.2.
Problems which I have:

1.
after setting up of set_token_cmd, pag_cmd, token_extend_time
and FEATURE_AFS_SECURITY ("afs" in libs/sgeobj/sge_feature.c) the
coshephard is still not started.
In the file .../active_jobs/xx.x/config I see: use_afs=0.
As I found it means that afs functionality is missing.
So, how to add afs functionality into SGE 6.0 ?

2.
the sgeexecd started after debug option (..../util/dl.sh 10)
does not show any line when sgeexecd is started
(/etc/init.d/sgeexecd start) and when the job is started to the execution on
this machine.
I have only a lot of debug information during the operation:
/etc/init.d/sgeexecd stop.
How to switch on full debug of sgeexecd ?

3.
after restart of sge_qmaster (/etc/init.d/sgemaster stop;
/etc/init.d/sgemaster start) one of my projects disappeared.
I introduced two projects:
1-st was empty (without any usersets) and this project survived qmaster restart,
2-nd, containing nonempty usersets disappeared after qmaster restart.
Bug ?

I will be very grateful for any help, especially about AFS functionality.

                    Best Regards,

                        Bogdan