[GE users] qrsh & stderr/qtdout file

Kirk Patton kpatton at transmeta.com
Mon Mar 29 17:24:17 BST 2004

Hello,

I am working with qrsh for interactive jobs and I have noticed that
the stderr and stdout files are being created in the current working
directory. If the user does not have write access to that directory,
the session fails to start.

I looked throught the archives and found a reference to bug #368. I am
using generic PROLOG/EPILOG scripts so that users can specify thier own
at the time of submission.

I changed the default path for the stderr/stdout files from $HOME
to /dev/null in the sge_request file, but I am still getting the
error. I verified that regular qsub submission do not produce any
files now, but qrsh still creates files of 0 bytes in length.

Does anyone have any idea how to turn this off for qrsh?

Thanks,
Kirk

BUG 368

--