[GE users] qrsh & stderr/qtdout file

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Mon Mar 29 17:58:35 BST 2004

Kirk,

since the fix is not done yet (redirection to /dev/null) you need to folow
the directions in the "WORKAROUND" section where an "epilog" scripts deletes
the files $SGE_STDERR_PATH and $SGE_STDOUT_PATH (which are NOT set for
interactive jobs. There

The file

    $SGE_JOB_SPOOL_DIR/config

contains

    attribute=value

pairs.

The attribute "script_file" has the special values "INTERACTIVE", "QLOGIN",
"QRSH" and "QRLOGIN". They are set in the environment variable "JOB_SCRIPT"
as well.

This means that either by checking the env variable "JOB_SCRIPT" and/or by
checking for the attribute "script_file" in $SGE_JOB_SPOOL_DIR/config the
epilog can detect whether or not to delete the job stderr/out files for
interactive jobs. You have certainly noticed that for interactive jobs the
fiels are always created in the user's home directory.

#!/bin/sh
# sample epilog script to delete stdout/err files for interactive jobs

case $JOB_SCRIPT in
  QRSH|INTERACTIVE|QLOGIN|QRSH|QRLOGIN)
     echo rm -f $HOME/$JOB_NAME.o$JOB_ID
     echo rm -f $HOME/$JOB_NAME.e$JOB_ID