[GE users] Increasing negative priorities

Jim Van Sciver jvs at bbn.com
Tue Mar 30 15:39:19 BST 2004

> Planning to switch to SGE 6.0? :)

This is a good question.  6.0 Beta is available now.  We're
generally short on admin time and normally would wait until
SGE 6.0 was out of Beta to upgrade.

However we do have a responsibility as an Open Source community
member to use the Beta.  I'll make this argument to our admins
today and see if I can get them to commit more of their time.

So how solid is the Beta for our purposes?  We are a very vanilla
user group, running only the basic SGE commands (qsub, qacct)
through our own queue-independent driver scripts.

Jim VS