[GE users] newbie questions

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Sat May 1 14:10:07 BST 2004

You can take a look at:

- "suspend_thresholds" in the queue definition
- subordinate queues
- queue calendar
- checkpoint and migration in SGE
- advanced reservation in SGE 6.0 (currently in beta2)
- and you can tell the SGE rshd to ignore
/etc/nologin,
  or you can search the mail archives for using SGE
with
  PAM.

Most of the above are in the manual, so I am not going
to explain one by one in detail.

You can download the HOWTO and docs:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/howto.html
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/documentation.html