AW: [GE users] how to prevent qrsh from launching .cshrc?

Ulrich.Seeling at hno.atmel.com Ulrich.Seeling at hno.atmel.com
Thu May 6 16:58:54 BST 2004

Hi Sophana,

I asked this question some months ago and Andy looked for it. The behaviour
is in fact the way you see it.
The first "echo" is executed when a programm is executed on the remote
machine which will spawn the real job.
This programm then will look for "-noshell" and act as intended.

So there is no real problem, just exit your .cshrc early if there is no
terminal attached with statements like this:

if ($?prompt == "0") exit
if ("$prompt" == "") exit

best regards

Ulrich